Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tupac 15th Anniversary Doublepack Tribute


Lesane Parish Crooks, known to the world as Tupac Shakur died 15 years ago today aged just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas six days beforehand. I never quite 'got it' at the time as what I perceived as his overt violence put me off. Time does sometimes gloss over our faults but the more I have listened to Tupac the more I see the human being underneath the gangsta rap persona. Both tracks featured are posthumous Tupac releases. I hadn't intended on releasing either track but as today is the anniversary I thought it appropriate. RIP. 


Don't Make Enemies with Waterfalls

 Enemies with Waterfalls (TLC vs 2PAC) by theGingerZilla


Trying to Live With the Reckoning (Barely Illegal version)

 Trying to Live With the Reckoning (Barely Illegal version) by theGingerZilla

Don't Make Enemies with Waterfalls is a basic cut and paste job using:

Music: TLC - Waterfalls featuring the late Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes
Vocals: Tupac - Enemies with Me 

Trying to Live With the Reckoning (Barely Illegal version) dates back to 2008 and was never polished. A song about a rappers redemption from the streets.Released as part of my 15th Anniversary Tribute to the late 2PAC.

Music
Radiohead - Reckoner (Drum, String & Guitar Stems)
Kanye West - LoveLockDown (Drum Stem)

Vocals:
Radiohead - Reckoner (Vocal Stems)
DJ Kamikazee - Trying to Live (Acapella)*
DMX - Lord Give Me a Sign (Acapella)
2PAC - Ghetto Gospel


*I am not 100% sure of the full details for this artist as I found the acappella on AcidPlanet. I do have this somewhere so will amend this post to attribute correctly.

No comments: