Friday 4 November 2011

#OF Children of Violence (It's Just a Ride)

Children of Violence (It's Just a Ride)
A Tribute to Bill Hicks, Martin Luther King Jnr and Non Violence

This really, really pissed me off as one of the file samples is corrupt and I have had to go back and start again after two years of work! It's simply Robert Miles Children with loads of audio samples. It is meant to be listened to in stereo so you get the full effect of the explosions and voices of peace and war. I am going to finish this one day but I have to track down all the samples all over again :(

It was my very first mash up and it has a message which is summed up beautifully by Bill Hicks 'It's Just a Ride' which I let run almost in full. The end is a very young child responding to a bird singing. It is that simplicity of vision that I hoped to capture, especially as my technical skills were lacking when I started. I may make my own tune to this, who knows?

 Children of Violence (It's Just a Ride) by theGingerZilla

I hope it captures the reality of war, that no matter where you live in this world, no what we are told, war is an affront to humanity and always will be. It is not a necessary evil. It is Evil. As Martin Luther King has said we are ALL brothers (& sisters of course). When you allow politicians to see others as different you strip your brothers and sisters of their humanity.

CellDweller

CellDweller4.3 by theGingerZilla

A remix of CellDweller - "a hybrid fusion of aggressive electronic music combined with orchestral and rock influences" who let morons like me download stems and add beats n' tweaks. It has a deliberate 80's drum sound in the intro, just don't ask me why. All I wanted was something that was banging!

I hope to edit this down soon as I'm not happy with it as it is, especially the sound levels.This was one I never got back to but having listened again I just might do that sooner rather than later as it doesn't sound far off.

No comments: